Brazil to play Panama in friendly at Porto
European Football Headlines
- Sterling scores hat trick, England beats Czech Republic 5-0
- England, France win big; Portugal held as Euro defense opens
- Venezuela beats Argentina 3-1 to spoil Messi's return
- Portugal held by Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Venezuela coach offers resignation after 'political' visit
- Angola clinches African Cup place as final qualifiers begin
- France opens Euro 2020 qualifying with 4-1 win at Moldova
- Sterling pays tribute to deceased player after England goal
- Tyler Adams leaves US soccer team, returning to German club
- After buying Team Sky, Ineos makes change at Lausanne-Sport
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) Brazil's national team will play its first friendly of the year against Panama on March 23 in Portugal.
The Brazilian football confederation said Friday the match will be at FC Porto's Dragao stadium.
Brazil will then play the Czech Republic in Prague three days later.
Coach Tite's great goal for the year is to win the Copa America at home. It is unlikely he will count on striker Neymar for either of the friendlies with the Paris Saint-Germain player recovering from foot surgery.
Brazil is expected to test several players that didn't go to the last World Cup in the two games.
One of them is Real Madrid's 18-year-old striker Vinicius Jr, as Tite himself said in different interviews.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated February 15, 2019