|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Atlanta United star Almiron week to week with hamstring
European Football Headlines
- Striker Fredy Montero returning to Vancouver Whitecaps
- Juventus beats Frosinone 3-0 to go 14 points clear
- Brazil to play Panama in friendly at Porto
- Charles nets 2, Eibar fights back for 2-2 draw with Getafe
- Lyon warms up for Barca with 2-1 win over Guingamp in France
- Watford beats QPR to reach FA Cup quarterfinals
- Bayern survives Augsburg scare to close gap in Bundesliga
- FIFA transfer reforms target $400M for lower-tier clubs
- Galatasaray scores win over UEFA in finance monitoring case
- UEFA charges Valencia's Kondogbia for deliberate yellow card
ATLANTA (AP) Miguel Almiron is battling a left hamstring injury with Atlanta United trying to clinch the best regular-season record in Major League Soccer.
The star midfielder is listed as week to week, putting in doubt his status for United's final two games. He also will miss a chance play for his national team in Paraguay during FIFA's international window, remaining in Atlanta to rehabilitate his injury.
The team said Tuesday that Almiron was hurt during last Saturday's 2-1 win over New England. The victory kept United one point ahead of New York Red Bulls in the race for MLS Supporters' Shield, which assures a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League.
After this week's' international break, United hosts Chicago in its final regular-season home game Oct. 21 before the closing the season at Toronto a week later.
Atlanta is assured a first-round bye in the MLS playoffs, giving Almiron additional time to recover.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated October 9, 2018