|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Atlanta United star Almiron week to week with hamstring
European Football Headlines
- Tottenham advances to CL round of 16 after 1-1 draw at Barca
- LAFC trades No. 1 pick Moutinho to Orlando for El-Munir
- FC Cincinnati roster takes shape in MLS expansion draft
- Porto wins 3-2 at Galatasaray to finish CL group unbeaten
- Schalke beats Lokomotiv Moscow 1-0 in Champions League
- Dennis te Kloese named LA Galaxy's general manager
- Columbus Crew's Steffen to join Manchester City next summer
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after just 3 months
- Digne's last-gasp free kick earns Everton 2-2 draw v Watford
- Spanish league scraps plan to play January match in US
ATLANTA (AP) Miguel Almiron is battling a left hamstring injury with Atlanta United trying to clinch the best regular-season record in Major League Soccer.
The star midfielder is listed as week to week, putting in doubt his status for United's final two games. He also will miss a chance play for his national team in Paraguay during FIFA's international window, remaining in Atlanta to rehabilitate his injury.
The team said Tuesday that Almiron was hurt during last Saturday's 2-1 win over New England. The victory kept United one point ahead of New York Red Bulls in the race for MLS Supporters' Shield, which assures a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League.
After this week's' international break, United hosts Chicago in its final regular-season home game Oct. 21 before the closing the season at Toronto a week later.
Atlanta is assured a first-round bye in the MLS playoffs, giving Almiron additional time to recover.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated October 9, 2018