|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Atlanta United star Almiron week to week with hamstring
European Football Headlines
- Adidas: Spain's FA has no grounds for ending contract
- DaMarcus Beasley to retire at end of Houston Dynamo season
- Diego Costa injures ankle in Atletico Madrid friendly
- Mkhitaryan to miss Europa League final for political reasons
- Spanish club Alaves hires Garitano as coach for next season
- Messi, Aguero and Di Maria in Argentina's Copa America squad
- Swedish club Djurgarden says player has been racially abused
- English Premier League broadcast rights rise to $12 billion
- US to host Cuba on Oct. 11, Canada on Nov. 15
- Brazil coach Tite under pressure ahead of Copa America
ATLANTA (AP) Miguel Almiron is battling a left hamstring injury with Atlanta United trying to clinch the best regular-season record in Major League Soccer.
The star midfielder is listed as week to week, putting in doubt his status for United's final two games. He also will miss a chance play for his national team in Paraguay during FIFA's international window, remaining in Atlanta to rehabilitate his injury.
The team said Tuesday that Almiron was hurt during last Saturday's 2-1 win over New England. The victory kept United one point ahead of New York Red Bulls in the race for MLS Supporters' Shield, which assures a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League.
After this week's' international break, United hosts Chicago in its final regular-season home game Oct. 21 before the closing the season at Toronto a week later.
Atlanta is assured a first-round bye in the MLS playoffs, giving Almiron additional time to recover.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated October 9, 2018